[ US /ˈdɛɫtə/ ]
[ UK /dˈɛltɐ/ ]
[ UK /dˈɛltɐ/ ]
a low triangular area of alluvial deposits where a river divides before entering a larger body of water
the Mississippi River delta
the Nile delta
- an object shaped like an equilateral triangle
- the 4th letter of the Greek alphabet
How To Use delta In A Sentence
- There are high precipices that are backed by the papyrus and ambatch swamps that form the delta of the Kagera River.
- They change the angle of attack from acute within the central delta, to near neutral over the outer triangular sail panel.
- In time, as the Ecca Sea filled with sediment and the deltas prograded basinward, large tracts of river channels and floodplains emerged.
- Life in Color: Green A green frog sits atop a large lily pad in the waters of Atchafalaya Delta.
- The watermen of the Mississippi delta will tell you that if you wish to gauge the magnitude of a vessel that has passed by, all you have to do is measure the size of the waves the vessel has left in its wake. Manifesting Michelangelo
- Today the burnt-out houses stand as a monument to the failed hope that democratic rule would rescue the delta.
- A small group of six chemicals (monocrotophos, glyphosate, metamidophos, zineb, benomyl and deltamethrin) belonging to different chemical classes were used by 50 or more workers.
- Is it real America or does that community's name disqualify the Brazilians of the Mississippi Delta? Burns Strider: Just When You Thought You Were American -- Conservatives Say Not So Fast
- For example this amp has a built-in Deltacomp adaptive limiter which is designed to prevent the power amp from distorting. Epinions Recent Content for Home
- John Cuming of Delta said there were positive indications as reflected in the short term inflow of foreign capital and the stability of the rand. ANC Daily News Briefing