[ US /ˌdiˈɫaʊz/ ]
[ UK /dɪlˈaʊs/ ]
[ UK /dɪlˈaʊs/ ]
free of lice
They deloused the prisoners after they liberated the camps
How To Use delouse In A Sentence
- Former Knicks vice president Anucha Browne Sanders walked out of a New York City courtroom in 2007 with $11.6 million in damages, winning a sexual harassment trial that made you want to delouse. Bad Sports
- Ex-prisoners traveled through the internment camp in the fortress of Ivangorod where they were registered and deloused. Pursuit of an 'Unparalleled Opportunity': The American YMCA and Prisoner of War Diplomacy among the Central Power Nations during World War I
- I'm pointing this out to show that it's absurd that people would have been led into the chambers, clothed, in order to delouse them. Another 'ultra-traditionalist' Catholic leader says stupid things about the Holocaust | RELIGION Blog | dallasnews.com
- But I've had a shave, a haircut, I've been deloused.
- He bragged that he could remove his shoes and drive flies from your hangar, delouse your dog from 50 feet and, if the wind was right, even delay the sunrise for up to an hour.
- “Cleaning up vomit on the floor and assisting guests to delouse in the showers further humbled me.” God’s Guest List
- He was bathed; and scrubbed; and deloused; and perfumed.
- In the Nordlager (North Camp), small groups were taken to be deloused and sent to the main camp. Moosburg Online: Stalag VII A (Oral history: Jeffers)
- I let my cousin soaked my hair to that homemade delouser with a clothes pin in my nose. Now What, Cat?
- They carry me under a half-lowered blast shield that looks nuke-proof, then through a vault door, and finally into a series of cold, concrete rooms where I am fingerprinted and photographed, palpated and probed, swabbed, scanned, and scrubbed, deloused and depilated. Masked