- (especially of certain salts) becoming liquid by absorbing moisture from the air
How To Use deliquescent In A Sentence
- There was a time when naif alphabetters would have written it down the tracing of a purely deliquescent recidivist, possibly ambidextrous, snubnosed probably and presenting a strangely profound rainbowl in his (or her) occiput. Finnegans Wake
- That said, his third solo exhibition at Kasmin featured 10 roiling, deliquescent abstractions that refer less to nature than to the mediated status of its representation.
- When the fluorhydrate contains no more water it falls to powder, and is then fit to serve for the preparation of fluoric acid; the fluorhydrate of fluoride of potassium, if well prepared, is much less deliquescent than the fluoride. Scientific American Supplement, No. 561, October 2, 1886
- Quickly and easily spell check more than 130,000 biotechnical terms such as deliquescent, magnetophoresis opiomelanocortin, MyLinkVault Newest Links
- = Carbonate of Potassium =, also known as potash, pearlash, salt of tartar, is a white crystalline powder, alkaline and caustic in taste, and very deliquescent. Aids to Forensic Medicine and Toxicology
- Guermantes, who, a great deal more ‘old French’ even than the Duke when he was not trying, did often deliberately seek to be, but in a manner the opposite of the lace-neckcloth, deliquescent style of her husband and in reality far more subtle, by a sort of almost peasant pronunciation which had a harsh and delicious flavour of the soil. The Guermantes Way
- This was no deliquescent cucumber or a yoghurt dangerously beyond its sell-by date.
- As we crossed the Station Heath on our way back, I checked the damp peat for sundew plants, and they too were still there, leaves unfurled so an unwary insect might trigger their honeyed, deliquescent tentacles. Wildwood
- Huge bite cell gobbles up fragment of deliquescent red blood cell, block Yu Xiaoliang, make Xiaoliang metamorphic, the likelihood causes cytolysis sex glaucoma.
- +Gills+ adnate, very crowded, linear, somewhat liquid when mature (deliquescent), sulphur yellow, and then becoming green, taste bitter. Among the Mushrooms A Guide For Beginners