[ UK /dɪlˈɛktəbəl/ ]
[ US /dɪˈɫɛktəbəɫ/ ]
[ US /dɪˈɫɛktəbəɫ/ ]
- extremely pleasing to the sense of taste
capable of arousing sexual desire
the delectable Miss Haynes
How To Use delectable In A Sentence
- His servants cooked up a delectable churrasco.
- A delectable path, for example, runs up behind the cemetery, bordered by butterfly orchids and lithospermum and aristolochia and other plants worthy of better names; it winds aloft, under shady chestnuts, with views on either side. Alone
- The smoothly boiled porridge, with its accompaniment of thick yellow cream; the new-laid eggs; the grilled trout, fresh from the stream; the freshly baked "baps" and "scones," the crisp rolls of oatcake; and last, but not least, the delectable, home-made marmalade, which is as much a part of the meal as the coffee itself. Big Game A Story for Girls
- The delectable little Dutch songs with which she used to dulcify the house grew less and less frequent, and she would forget her sewing and look wistfully in her father's face as he sat pondering by the fireside. Tales of a Traveller
- The palate is an opulent offering of warm and delectable flavors that last long into the impressive finish.
- But then, how to create that paragon of dairy delectables, the malted milkshake?
- Fully plump, after indulging in a complete Jamaican breakfast on the plane: ackee, saltfish, coco-bread and plantain chips something I would definitely not recommend before doing on-camera work at a lingerie show, I landed in Kingston ready to "dutty wiiine" it up--or at least relax and make a quick stop at the delectable Manley Airport veggie juice bar for a healthy detox. Chie Davis: Kingston Lingerie and Swimwear Fashion Show
- But the real joy of folding away the paddling pool until next year is that autumn brings with it a long-awaited harvest of delectable new product launches. Times, Sunday Times
- Each dinner sounded more delectable than the one before: roasted local grass-fed goat loin chops with farro-spinach salad and sweet onion soubise, kombu cured fluke with yuzu, brown butter, wakame and preserved nori, a dinner ... Not Eating Out in New York » 2009 » April
- But each pointed fruit has a delectable, intense wild strawberry flavor.