the person who holds the secretaryship of the Defense Department
the first Defense Secretary was James V. Forrestal who was appointed by Truman
the position of the head of the Department of Defense
the position of Defense Secretary was created in 1947
How To Use Defense Secretary In A Sentence
- DEFENSE SECRETARY Bilderberg, Council on Foreign Relations, former CIA Director, defense secretary under President Bush, co-chaired CFR task force with Zbigniew Brzezinski, knee-deep in the Iran-Contra scandal, named in a 1999 class action lawsuit pertaining to the Mena drug trafficking affair. Opinion Source: Delivering summaries of editorial and op-ed pieces from major papers by email.
- Only a "moonbat" or some entity known as a "fairweather privocrat" would accept that the Times did nothing wrong just because the Vice President and Defense Secretary themselves say so. Archive 2006-07-01
- Yet one could also argue that much of the transformation that did occur under Rumsfeld was the result of the debilitating war in Iraq, which forced the Pentagon, and the Army in particular, to change momentously, in ways that no defense secretary could have managed on his own. What Rumsfeld Got Right
- It also explains that nuclear weapons will be ‘integrated with new non-nuclear strategic capabilities,’ according to Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld.
- Defense Secretary Robert Gates "applauded" Uribe's action, and when asked if US intelligence supported it said: "Well, I would just say that we are very supportive. Bush and Uribe v. Chavez and Correa
- The Defense Secretary gave an upbeat assessment of the war so far.
- Defense Secretary Robert M. Gates said in Senate testimony this week that the Pentagon is seeking $8.4 billion for missile defenses under what he described as a phased plan to shift the focus from larger ground-based long-range interceptors to shorter-range missile defenses, like the Navy's SM.3 ship-based missile interceptor. The Washington Times stories: Latest Headlines
- WASHINGTON (CNN) – Defense Secretary Robert Gates praised President Ronald Reagan on Tuesday for being "circumspect" about putting American credibility or troops at risk in the absence of "a clear mission or strong odds of success. Gates praises Reagan for 'circumspect' use of U.S. military
- Cohen made his comments during his first news conference since becoming defense secretary.
- He looks grayer, but otherwise little changed from his time as defense secretary under President George W. Bush, with his rimless glasses and quick, confident grin. Donald Rumsfeld Reflects On Writing Of Memoir