- (psychiatry) an unconscious process that tries to reduce the anxiety associated with instinctive desires
How To Use defense mechanism In A Sentence
- There are different definitions of the term, but one of them refers to a defense mechanism in which one projects one's undesirable qualities onto someone else.
- The finger-pointing and the blaming, perhaps that's a defense mechanism on Gary's part.
- The horror you feel at "moral decay" is, to the Elders of Sodom, quite self-evidentally an affective defense mechanism, designed to function as a barrier to anything that might "corrode" your convictions. An Open Letter to John C. Wright
- Personally I think that a musician or for that matter every artist is an adventurer, so there is no inbuilt defense mechanism that stops you from exploring.
- And since passiflora have evolved to synthesize their own special brand of natural cyanide as a defense mechanism to keep from getting eaten the caterpillars have evolved to incorporate this cyanide into their own defense mechanisms. Archive 2009-06-01
- Feels more like a dream, & somewhere in the back of my befogged mind, I understand that this is good—that I have, at the very least, some defense mechanisms still left in place. Hollywood Savage
- Thus, enzyme neutralizers are a simple defense mechanism that nature has provided certain plants to survive.
- Though the competitors are indoors they are all hooded, a common self defense mechanism among teenagers today.
- Freud is best known for his theories of the unconscious mind and the defense mechanism of repression, and for creating the clinical practice of psychoanalysis for treating psychopathology through dialogue between a patient, technically referred to as an “analysand”, and a psychoanalyst. Five People Born on May 6 | myFiveBest
- Acute diarrhea is an important defense mechanism that enables your body to expel foreign bacteria and parasites quickly.