remove color from
The sun bleached the red shirt
How To Use decolorize In A Sentence
- Animal charcoal possesses to a remarkable degree the property of removing color from solutions of animal and vegetable substances, and it is used for this purpose to a large extent by sugar refiners, who thus decolorize their dark brown sirups; in the manufacture of glucose and saccharums for brewers 'use, the concentrated solutions have to be filtered through layers of animal charcoal in order that the resulting product may be freed from color. Scientific American Supplement, No. 288, July 9, 1881
- It brings with it a faint, floating haze, a cunning decolorizer, altho not thick enough to obscure outlines near at hand. Seeing Europe with Famous Authors, Volume 2 Great Britain and Ireland, Part 2
- Cytologic smears containing granulomas can be decolorized after initial examination and restained with AFB stain for mycobacteria and silver stain for fungal elements.
- Making Corn Syrups To make corn syrups, manufacturers extract starch granules from the kernels of common dent corn p. 477, and then treat them with acid and/or with microbial or malt enzymes to develop a sweet syrup that is then clarified, decolorized, and evaporated to the desired concentration. On Food and Cooking, The Science and Lore of the Kitchen
- Then I tasted it-it was like 7-Up and Dr. Pepper and Pepsi and tap water all sort of randomly mixed and decolorized. Microserfs
- April 29th, 2008 6: 11 pm ET yeah right CNN ... put HILLIARys sign in front and decolorize Obama's sign to look darker. i expected better from CNN ... sheesh! Polls: Clinton, Obama tied in Indiana
- It is also called decolorized or "white" iodine and won't stain the skin the way brown tincture of iodine does. chicagotribune.com -
- Indirect IS-PCR was carried out for the same patients to detect the HPV DNA types 6/11 and 16/18 after the PAP-stained smears had been decolorized.
- The decolorized zircon (jargoon) has a dispersion well up toward that of diamond and gives fairly vivid spectra on a card, but they are double, as zircon is doubly refracting. A Text-Book of Precious Stones for Jewelers and the Gem-Loving Public
- Atta decolorized to remove the effect of color which you can view here if you want. Discuss.