- extract the essence of something by boiling it
be cooked until very little liquid is left
The sauce should reduce to one cup
- steep in hot water
How To Use decoct In A Sentence
- Cannot you recall many a wry face; cannot you remember how unpleasant the after sensations when stern, but kind mothers forced a nauseous decoction called "senna" down your widely-gaping throat? In Eastern Seas Or, the Commission of H.M.S. 'Iron Duke,' flag-ship in China, 1878-83
- The oral ingestion of the same decoction may have improved cold tolerance due to its thermogenic effect.
- An endless series of powders, theriacs, electuaries, leeches, mixtures and tablets of various types, decoctions, ointments and plasters were discussed and classified.
- The fruit is said to be eatable; the leaves cut transversely are applied to tumors as a discutient; the decoction is mucilaginous, and I am informed that it is much used in Alabama as a demulcent drink in pneumonic and pleuritic inflammations. Resources of the Southern Fields and Forests, Medical, Economical, and Agricultural. Being also a Medical Botany of the Confederate States; with Practical Information on the Useful Properties of the Trees, Plants, and Shrubs
- Furthermore, the medium-dose Biejia decoction of the need group in doses of the Dutch Group neoplasms mouse tumors Baomo integrity control best.
- It is antiseptic, that is, it prevents and removes putrifaction; for this purpose, it should be taken in a decoction internally and applied externally in poultice. The Cherokee Physician, or Indian Guide to Health, as Given by Richard Foreman, a Cherokee Doctor; Comprising a Brief View of Anatomy, With General Rules for Preserving Health without the Use of Medicines. The Diseases of the U. States, with Their Symptom
- In Concan the sweetened decoction of the plant with a little cumin seed is given for dyspepsia with pyrosis. The Medicinal Plants of the Philippines
- The roots of the different species are subacid and mucilaginous when fresh; and a decoction of them has been employed as a domestic remedy in sore mouth and in affections of the throat; also considered as alexipharmic in snake bites. Resources of the Southern Fields and Forests, Medical, Economical, and Agricultural. Being also a Medical Botany of the Confederate States; with Practical Information on the Useful Properties of the Trees, Plants, and Shrubs
- Take flower-de-luces, stalk, blossom, root, together; then decoct them over a slack fire; and with the liquid bathe your eyes several times a day; you will most certainly be cured of that weakness; but see that you purge first, and then go forward with the lotion. The Autobiography of Benvenuto Cellini
- He stirred in a decoction of the juice of snow dahlia and other flowers, and in this way he made a delicious sauce. THE BROKEN GOD