- crustaceans characteristically having five pairs of locomotor appendages each joined to a segment of the thorax
How To Use decapod crustacean In A Sentence
- This review will highlight recent NO research in decapod crustaceans, with an emphasis on the stomatogastric ganglion and NO's role in the specification of rhythmic motor networks.
- All decapod crustaceans and fishes were identified and enumerated, a representative subsample was measured and then all animals were returned to the system.
- Modern, skeleton-breaking predators, particularly teleosts, neoselachian sharks and rays, and decapod crustaceans, began to diversify in nearshore environments during the Jurassic Period.
- Carcinization as an underlying synapomorphy for the decapod crustacean taxon Meiura. All that matters
- DECAPOD CRUSTACEANS are frequently represented in the fossil record by their carapaces, which are composed of calcified cuticle.
- Although groove patterns are less common in phyllocarids than they are in the macruran decapod crustaceans, several genera do exhibit distinctive groove patterns.
- Detailed work on a series of isolated crustacean limb muscle preparations showed a consistent pattern of innervation among decapod crustaceans.
- To put it in perspective, the whole decapod crustacean (shrimp or prawn) fauna of Japan barely exceeds 1,600 species. Archive 2007-02-01
- They dig somewhat after the manner of the fluviatile long-tailed decapod crustaceans, of the genera The Last of the Plainsmen
- Previous studies suggest that the site of decapod crustacean vitellogenin synthesis is the ovary, the hepatopancreas or both.