- bar temporarily; from school, office, etc.
prevent from entering; keep out
He was barred from membership in the club
prevent the occurrence of; prevent from happening
Let's avoid a confrontation
avert a strike
head off a confrontation
How To Use debar In A Sentence
- High above us, the great heptagon of the Winter sky: Capella, Aldebaran, Rigel, Sirius, Procyon, Pollux, and Castor (with Saturn nearby) - with Betelgeuse in the center and the Milky Way cascading through, just to the left of Orion.
- Sen. Carl Levin, D-Mich., who chairs an investigative subcommittee that will hold a hearing on the report today, said the Obama administration should "get on with it and actually debar the worst of the tax cheats from the contractor workforce. GAO report: Tax cheats received billions in stimulus funds
- It followed as one consequence of these letters from Florence that Nora was debarred from the Italian scheme as a mode of passing her time till some house should be open for her reception. He Knew He Was Right
- EU Referendum: Saddam "the federator of Europe" skip to main | skip to sidebar Saddam "the federator of Europe"
- ‘Typically, in the past, debarments have lasted three to five years for lesser infractions,’ he says.
- Norfolk Blogger: Labour "talking up" the BNP again skip to main | skip to sidebar Labour "talking up" the BNP again
- I'll add it to my blogroll in the sidebar.
- To help maintain interest, each chapter contains a short, informative sidebar.
- The body of the text, arranged in three segments, provides links in the sidebar that may sidetrack the reader through related concepts in other segments.
- Henry deeply felt the misfortune of being debarred from a liberal education. Chapter 3