[ US /ˈdɛθ/ ]
[ UK /dˈɛθ/ ]
[ UK /dˈɛθ/ ]
the personification of death
Death walked the streets of the plague-bound city
How To Use Death In A Sentence
- He expressed his racial hatred for everyone, especially OBama making veiled death threats, spoke of other dangerous topics etc … and then offered to sell me a mosser rifle as he was buying a a whole shippment of them. Alex Jones' Prison Planet.com
- With no warning signs on either side and under poor lighting, the road is a death trap for motorists.
- The CDC asks states to report confirmed flu deaths by age group but not by subtype, meaning H1N1 deaths are not necessarily tracked. STLtoday.com Top News Headlines
- He was trampled to death by a runaway horse.
- The example of the first fighter aces fixed itself in the imaginations of a generation being born just as they had met their deaths. FIGHTER BOYS: Saving Britain 1940
- As doctors we are all too aware of the natural causes of death, such as cancer and heart disease, the top killers.
- The fall in popularity of the death's head and the subsequent prevalence of the cherub was a reflection of the Great Awakening and the belief in the immortality of the soul: "Cherubs reflect a stress on resurrection, while death's heads emphasize the mortality of man. Headstones for Dummies, the New York Edition
- For a diagnosis of brain stem death irremediable structural brain damage should be present.
- A business tycoon, arts patron and committed left-winger, Berge opted to sell the collection amassed over a lifetime after Saint Laurent's death last June aged 71.
- Toxic effects may be either lethal, causing death, or sublethal.