- a passage with access only at one end
a situation in which no progress can be made or no advancement is possible
reached an impasse on the negotiations
How To Use dead end In A Sentence
- He is looking for me and when he finds me he is going to feed me rice and gone off fish till I die as he knows I have not pooed in a week because he read my dead end blog.
- The present crisis on the docks illustrates the dead end of the nationalist and pro-capitalist policy of the trade union bureaucracy.
- Muddy and broad, it picks its way across the plains, changing course at will, leaving a maze of dead ends, ox-bow lakes, swamps and lagoons.
- The sadness for me is that rock has reached a dead end. Times, Sunday Times
- Working at the warehouse seemed like a dead end.
- They were caught after turning into a dead end and hitting a gazebo in a garden.
- A few dark corners and dead ends, one feels, would have improved the impressive overall design. Times, Sunday Times
- A sublime, monumental dead end, that has produced some brilliant sado-masochist poetry from band and critic alike.
- Across from the little dead end road was a park, with the multicolor jungle gym sets, along with a small basketball court, and a 2 sided handball court.
- This procedural episode has the team running into countless dead ends, faulty witnesses, and a little bit of luck during their manhunt.