- the position of a crank when it is in line with the connecting rod and not exerting torque
How To Use dead center In A Sentence
- The ancient knappers struck nodules nearly dead center with a wedge initiation of 90 deg.
- The vertical line of the hay fork's middle prong rises almost dead center and is echoed in window's mullion, the house's lightning rod, its porch posts and siding and even in the seams of Papa's overalls. American Idol
- I took the plane ticket from my pocket, wadded it into a ball, and pitched it dead center into the can.
- For a CNG engine, the cylinder pressure signal, gear pulse signal and top dead center pulse signal were simultaneously collected.
- Dead Center uses no new technology, just a new philosophy equivalent to trading skybox seats on the 50-yard line for the upper deck.
- The arrow hit the target dead center.
- I heard a shell whang dead center into his helmet and ricochet inside. The Convict and Other Stories
- Examining the cases, I was pleased to see that the firing pin was striking the primer dead center, indicating excellent concentricity for a Model 98.
- My house is pretty much dead center for the Tour so we will have a gaggle of bikers staying with us, which should make for some good times.
- The results of calculating and experimenting show that the first and largest slap of impact between the piston and the liner occurs around the top dead center from the nonthrust to the thrust face.