[ UK /dˈɔːntləs/ ]
invulnerable to fear or intimidation
fearless reporters and photographers
How To Use dauntless In A Sentence
- His dauntless leadership and personal courage so inspired his men that they stormed into the hostile position and used their bayonets with such lethal effect that the enemy fled in wild disorder.
- Fortunately, too, he had at least one dauntless and resourceful boy of school age to assist.
- The author characterized the leading character in the novel as a dauntless hero.
- Struck by his desperate dauntlessness, and his wild desire to visit Christendom, the captain at last relented, and told him he might make himself at home.
- Though they defend themselves with a bravery, skill, and devotion that has absolutely no comparison, proving on every occasion their great superiority in dauntlessness and address, no advantages of daring and prowess can overcome the evil effects of their defensive policy, and the probability is that in a few years more the noblest race of uncivilized men, will become utterly extinct. Life in the Rocky Mountains
- Just before his de - parture in his own speedster to join the Dauntless, he had a brief word with the girl. The Dragon Lensman
- The pavid matron within the one vehicle (speeding to the Bank for her semestrial pittance) shrieked and trembled; the angry Dives hastening to his office (to add another thousand to his heap,) thrust his head over the blazoned panels, and displayed an eloquence of objurgation which his very Menials could not equal; the dauntless street urchins, as they gayly threaded the Labyrinth of Life, enjoyed the perplexities and quarrels of the scene, and exacerbated the already furious combatants by their poignant infantile satire. Novels by Eminent Hands
- While some groan about performances featuring 40 yelping, howling, yodelling singers and shaking rice in shoe boxes, most praise Monk's dauntless quest to create landscapes of sound.
- Television in the United States was brimming over with badge-wavers led by the dauntless Joe Friday.
- So Connie played with the child and was amused by its little female dauntlessness, and got a deep voluptuous pleasure out of its soft young warmth. Lady Chatterley's Lover