- a long needle with an eye large enough for heavy darning or embroidery thread
- slender-bodied non-stinging insect having iridescent wings that are outspread at rest; adults and nymphs feed on mosquitoes etc.
How To Use darning needle In A Sentence
- He nodded abstractedly, went upstairs to the big, sunny sewing room, searched the family needlecase for a long stiff darning needle and extracted several rubber bands from the red cardboard box on the library table. A Son of the City A Story of Boy Life
- I'm selling it with a plastic darning needle so people can relace the lace however they please. Archive 2009-09-01
- Scrap wood, darning needles, string and sealing wax held his flimsy contraption together.
- My mother used to call dragonflies “darning needles”…Darning needles would fly up and sew up the mouths of little children who talked too much. Logic 101: Gravity, radio, and library books « knitnut.net
- Keep a bag handy. Slip a pencil, paper, articles or mail to read, clothing darning needle and thread.