[ US /ˈdæmd/ ]
[ UK /dˈæmd/ ]
[ UK /dˈæmd/ ]
in danger of the eternal punishment of Hell
poor damned souls
expletives used informally as intensifiers
not a blessed dime
it's a blamed shame
he's a blasted idiot
he's a damn (or goddam or goddamned) fool
a deuced idiot
an infernal nuisance
a blame cold winter
I'll be damned (or blessed or darned or goddamned) if I'll do any such thing
in a damnable manner
kindly Arthur--so damnably, politely, endlessly persistent!
people who are condemned to eternal punishment
he felt he had visited the realm of the damned
How To Use damned In A Sentence
- How anyone could have read some sinister intent into those views is indeed puzzling, and illustrates well how those damned Jewshow certain hypersensitive and overly privileged people who feel superior to the rest of the world are willing to cut their own throats for short term advantage by using unjustified charges of anti-semitism to point out how they take advantage of their position in any nation or institution who trusts them so as to benefit their own in group at the expense of that nation or institution. The Volokh Conspiracy » Why Catholics and Jews?
- The Girl relucted a little, upon which he gave her 3 Guineas, and wished he might be damned if he did not have her in 3 months. John Adams diary 1, 18 November 1755 - 29 August 1756
- The Christian conspectus or theatre in the old sense has a happy ending, whether the protagonist triumphs or is damned, because God's justice has been done.
- I had a feeling when we walked out, it was going to be a damned good game in the second half.
- A pretty feeble ruse, perhaps, but it works. which might work except the nobble is pretty damned big ... that's the problems; and then there's writing as avoidance of writing (kinda like this post!): Writer's Block
- I feel unwanted feel like leaving spreading lies can't help but feel lonelily you've damned me to hell once twice and again you're supposed to be my parents not just another person that hates me dead - alive godhatesu Diary Entry
- We prefer to suffer the tortures of the damned than to accept our Godliness.
- Every time I see the papers commentating on an English sporting team they are either praised as the next World Champions or damned as sporting failures.
- Us married just five months, and her the nicest girl living, and you keeping us flat broke all the time, you damned old thief, so you can put money away for your saphead of a son and your wishywashy fool of a daughter! Babbit
- It was the first time I left the house without my hooter hider and for once I stopped being so goddamned self-conscious about doing something NATURAL! Bare Your Boobs In The Air! Like You Just Don’t Care! | Her Bad Mother