[ US /ˈdæk, ˈdiˈeɪˈkeɪ/ ]
[ UK /dˈæk/ ]
[ UK /dˈæk/ ]
- East Indian tree bearing a profusion of intense vermilion velvet-textured blooms and yielding a yellow dye
How To Use dak In A Sentence
- Commissioned in 1963 to make a film about America's first successful quintuplet birth, Leacock and Joyce Chopra captured the quints' mother's anxiety at her sudden celebrity and the surrounding South Dakota community's eagerness to cash in on it. The Man Who Held Up a Mirror to America
- General Alfred Terry traveled due west from Fort Abraham Lincoln in Dakota Territory with a force that included Custer and his Seventh Cavalry troopers.
- April 2, 2009 3: 07 PM great interview ... and yes parakeet is a dakudaji blogger! Interview Thursday: "I’m particularly saddened about the state of women right issues in Nigeria" - Parakeet
- Eastman Kodak is a major sponsor of the Olympics.
- The deer brought him to where Rishyashringa was, and Vibondaka saw this shining young baby with deer horns.
- Nothing had felt this good since he had slept in Awi's wickiup, with the Dakota snow outside and the smell of cinnamon and long grass in his nose.
- The predator community found in our study differed from that found in North Dakota.
- It was most of it light stuff that could be carried over from one aircraft to the other, all except one motor generator set that the Dakota had brought for us to take back to Diento; this weighed over a ton and we had to rig the sheerlegs for it. ROUND THE BEND
- The following story is reprinted from Dakota Dirt, a newsletter published by South Dakota State University Soil Testing Lab.
- "I would have expected more of a fight from Adakran's boy, " the man sighed with disappointment.