[ US /ˈdɑksˌhʊnd/ ]
[ UK /dˈætʃʃʌnd/ ]
[ UK /dˈætʃʃʌnd/ ]
- small long-bodied short-legged German breed of dog having a short sleek coat and long drooping ears; suited for following game into burrows
How To Use dachshund In A Sentence
- Well-known breeds -- including dachshunds, poodles and collies -- will participate, as well as breeds you'll seldom see outside a dog show, such as the Chinese crested, Tibetan spaniel and spinone Italiano. post-gazette.com - News
- Dogs of every description from the poodle to the St. Bernard and from the wolfhound to the half-breed dachshund, which is half German and half Bolshevik and looks the part. The History of the American Expedition Fighting the Bolsheviki Campaigning in North Russia 1918-1919
- The dachshund had his feet splayed out on the sidewalk.
- Another piece of the jigsaw in the puzzle surrounding her whereabouts is the simultaneous disappearance of her pet miniature dachshund, Boris. The Sun
- The two dachshunds which accompanied him everywhere, followed with surprising speed.
- The certified dogs and their trainers include Mullins and her dog Sampson; Pat Duper and Lizzie, a Dachshund; Elizabeth McGlaune and Cappi, an Australian Shepherd; and Charlotte Heald and Molli, a Border Collie mix. John Harden: Advocacy Center Certifies Four New Therapy Dogs
- Here are the final 15 words competitors were asked to spell at the Camera Regional Spelling Bee. vicariously propellable surrealist cosmetician duncical plummet absolution comandante roodebok dachshund egregious archipelago Boulder Daily Camera Most Viewed
- A candleholder that looked like the illegitimate offspring of a horse and a dachshund Barnstorming on an Invisible Segway
- In fact, the name Dachshund is German for "badger dog, " indicating why these dogs were originally bred - to hunt badgers.
- And Hans was a dachshund who hadn't been properly inoculated for distemper and he caught it and died. THE OTHER DEVIL'S NAME