- the lowest region of the ionosphere (35 to 50 miles up) that reflects low-frequency radio waves
How To Use D region In A Sentence
- These constricted unmyelinated regions are called nodes of Ran-vier (rahn-vee-ay), after the French histologist Louis Antoine The Human Brain
- Northampton was another elegant county town and regional market centre and was known far and wide for its horse fairs.
- Although tensions existed between the army and the group, the president defused them by playing the politics of tribalism and regionalism, often targeting northerners as the source of the nation's problems.
- As the last country in the world to abolish slavery, only in 1888, temporary slavery due to indebtedness and forced labour has continued and been combated regularly by Government in isolated regions, where the arms of the justice system face a demographic challenge. Global Voices in English » Brazil: Fighting contemporary slavery
- But there was understandable outrage when sundry fund managers and regional stockbrokers were confronted with the hat. Times, Sunday Times
- The Seppos found a cure for fiesty natives, opposed to cultural imperialism and resident in heavily afforested regions - they called it Napalm. Cheeseburger Gothic » Just got back from Avatar.
- He dresses in half-mourning always, and never wears any jewelry, but strictly shuns all society, and prefers uncivilized regions. Erema
- Power has been handed over to provincial and regional assemblies.
- The bigger picture is the implication this has for the largely unexplored region. Times, Sunday Times
- Sceptics point out that the poll only offered a straight choice between Whitehall and regional rule, and left out the option of more local control.