- any of numerous fruits of the genus Citrus having thick rind and juicy pulp; grown in warm regions
How To Use citrus fruit In A Sentence
- Recently, it has been shown that young Citrus fruitlets are able to synthesize ethylene in a manner that resembles the system II pathway of the climacteric fruits.
- Coffee, cotton, peanuts, mangoes, citrus fruits, and sugarcane are other important crops.
- Stick to berries and citrus fruit as opposed to sweeter varieties. Times, Sunday Times
- There are large round dishes with ortaniques around the rim (an ortanique is a citrus fruit) and the word ‘Ortanique’ in the center.
- An iced drink made of wine or liqueur, sugar, and citrus fruit.
- The essential oil in citrus fruit is found in the outer rind, so simple pressure is used for extracting the oils.
- Slice thinly or mince the citrus fruit and add water.
- The major agricultural crops are cotton, tobacco, grapes, sunflowers, tea, pomegranates, and citrus fruits; vegetables, olives, wheat, barley, and rice also are produced.
- • Vitamin Cis also called ascorbic acid, and can be found in abundance in most fruits and vegetables, especially citrus fruits. The Rice Diet Solution
- It took many years before it was realized that adding citrus fruits to the diet of men at sea would keep scurvy at bay. The Vitamin Fact Finder