- a wispy white cloud (usually of fine ice crystals) at a high altitude (4 to 8 miles)
How To Use cirrus cloud In A Sentence
- I lay on the bed and watched cirrus clouds drift slowly across the sky.
- The Fire Rainbow happens when you have high-altitude sunlight (58 degrees or higher) hitting special types of ice crystals known as hexagonal plate crystals, found naturally in very-high altitude cirrus clouds. ScienceBlogs Channel : Life Science
- Natural cirrus clouds, (not the spread out chemical clouds that NASA has dubbed as "cirrus") form at a minimum altitude of ABOVE 4.7 miles high. WN.com - Articles related to Delhi still battling heat wave
- High cirrus clouds form white streaks across its surface and a number of dark storms act as flaws and focus for the eye.
- The sky is clear blue, with a few cirrus clouds adding texture to what looks like a flawless blue canvas.
- High, tropical cirrus clouds are made up of tiny ice crystals that float at altitudes from 20,000 feet to 60,000 feet.
- Above, the sky was almost purple in patches with a few wispy cirrus clouds. CHAMELEON
- It's another gorgeous day. There were some high cirrus clouds earlier and it looks like they're coming back, but, for the most part, it's just been beautiful.
- Durand-Greville in _La Nature_, November 24, 1900, that Lamarck was the first to observe the so-called pocky or festoon cloud, or mammato-cirrus cloud, which at rare intervals has been observed since his time. [ Lamarck, the Founder of Evolution His Life and Work
- The arc isn't a rainbow in the traditional sense - it is caused by light passing through wispy, high-altitude cirrus clouds.