How To Use circumvolution In A Sentence
- Never did a monarch hold so steadfastly to a deadly purpose, or proceed so languidly and with so much circumvolution to his goal. The Rise of the Dutch Republic — Volume 13: 1567, part II
- Heaven makes in one day and one night one complete circumvolution of 365 degrees. Lunheng
- circumvolution," "presentifick circularity," struggle and sprawl within the narrow room of the Spenserian stanza. Milton
- Well, I felt queerer and queerer, and Southsea Castle began to spin round and round, and the kickers went dancing up and down, and the ships in the harbour were all turning summersets, and every sort of circumvolution and devilment you could think of took place. Will Weatherhelm The Yarn of an Old Sailor
- Tell me, then, for you can, in what periphrasis of language, in what circumvolution of phrase, I shall envelope, yet not conceal, the plain story. The Letters of Robert Burns
- These are the circumvolutions of word and image that positivist imperatives impose on a venture whose Eurocentrism and imperialism he acknowledges but does not pursue.
- Its motion is one of rapid circumvolution, rather than of straightforward impulse by rapid and direct effort; it extends its orbit by small continual and hasty movements, but it does not suddenly alter its position. Democracy in America, volume 2
- Here, the musicians position each sound, each effect, in the spectrum with great precision, careful not to disturb the balance between the abstract constructions and the delicate melodic circumvolutions.
- We arrived at 4am. and after the cleansing ritual came the circumvolution of the Ka'abah (the black stone) where the pilgrims walk round the Ka'abah 7 times following the rituals of Abraham.