[ UK /sˌɜːkəmnˌævɪɡˈeɪʃən/ ]
traveling around something (by ship or plane)
Magellan's circumnavigation of the earth proved that it is a globe
How To Use circumnavigation In A Sentence
- I remember watching the video diary of her lone circumnavigation around the world.
- Louis XV, eager to bolster national prestige and expand his empire in the Pacific, launches Louis-Antoine de Bougainville on the first French circumnavigation of the world. Incredible Voyage
- Sblt Tielens sailed with the ship from his home port in Cairns to Darwin as part of the sailing ship's circumnavigation of the globe.
- This part includes circumnavigation of obstacles by robots.
- One has the distinct sense of their returning to the home port after a long and uncomfortable circumnavigation of the idea of being "human."
- A basic definition of a world circumnavigation would be a route which covers at least a great circle, and in particular one which passes through at least one pair of points antipodal to each other.
- He achieved his circumnavigation without any electronic navigation aids or the assistance of modern satellite communication technology.
- The streets are spared from heavy through traffic by the squares, which provide monuments on axis that require slow-speed circumnavigation.
- Magellan's circumnavigation of the earth proved that it is a globe
- How implicated is the traditional doctrine of inspiration with the circumnavigation of authority?