- the organs and tissues involved in circulating blood and lymph through the body
How To Use circulatory system In A Sentence
- Caffeine has a stimulating effect on the brain and nerves, the heart and circulatory system, the stomach and intestines.
- The end product looks familiar, a bit like an illustration of the circulatory system. Christianity Today
- All crustaceans have an open circulatory system and employ either haemoglobin or haemocyanin as a respiratory pigment. Crustacea
- The circulatory systems of other vertebrates, as well as those of squids and octopuses, employ similar rubbery materials.
- Diseases of the heart and circulatory system are the main cause of death in the UK. Times, Sunday Times
- The structure had been a carbarn, Aristide had discovered, a dismal block-square red brick building which had been put up in 1887 when cable street cars had been the newest and most hopeful addition to the city's circulatory system. A Case Of Conscience
- Today we recognise that viruses are gene carriers just as lipoproteins are the cholesterol/fatty acid carriers of the body's circulatory system.
- The circulatory system is open and consists of a heart, arteries, and the open spaces of the hemocoel.
- In contrast to platyhelminths, nemerteans possess a circulatory system, comprised of fluid-filled, cell-lined channels situated between the gut and body-wall musculature.
- An imbalanced heart or circulatory system can be due to poor circulation, low or high blood pressure, angina and heart attacks and hardened arteries.