[ UK /sˈɜːkjʊlˌeɪt/ ]
[ US /ˈsɝkjəˌɫeɪt/ ]
[ US /ˈsɝkjəˌɫeɪt/ ]
become widely known and passed on
the story went around in the office
the rumor spread
move around freely from person to person or from place to place
She circulates among royalty
cause to move in a circuit or system
The fan circulates the air in the room
cause to be distributed
This letter is being circulated among the faculty
move through a space, circuit or system, returning to the starting point
The air here does not circulate
Blood circulates in my veins
cause to become widely known
circulate a rumor
broadcast the news
How To Use circulate In A Sentence
- I've circulated a good luck card for everyone to sign.
- Aragon's writings circulated anonymously or under pseudonyms.
- The news of our teacher's divorce quickly circulated round the school.
- Roasting in a convection oven, which circulates hot air over the surface of the food, works beautifully.
- This solution gives homeowners the freedom of never having to carry or circulate multiple sets of keys, coupled with the ability to instantaneously grant entry to family members, friends, unexpected house guests, and service providers such as handymen and housekeepers. HomeToys News
- This was especially valuable at a time when curious currencies circulated freely throughout the Mediterranean, including coins of values that were not self-evident. The English Is Coming!
- In our day the false currency of meaningless words has been made to circulate in quantity.
- Some positive news surfaced yesterday: Mexican scientists said the contagiousness of the swine flu is no greater than that of the seasonal flu that circulates every year.
- John Hales, clerk of the hanaper, a learned and able man, and, like all who espoused this party, a zealous protestant, had written, and secretly circulated, a book in defence of the claims of the lady Catherine, and he had also procured opinions of foreign lawyers in favor of the validity of her marriage. Memoirs of the Court of Queen Elizabeth
- The session approved a draft Constitution which would be circulated for nationwide discussion.