- a city in south-central China on the Chang Jiang; a commercial center for western China
How To Use Chungking In A Sentence
- What a grand trip: Beijing, Chengtu, Chungking, a boat trip down the Yangtze River through the gorges, and Kweilin. Barbara Bush
- The War Department had committed itself to a policy of “keeping China in the War” and providing the Chungking government, with Chiang Kai-shek as its president, with a major portion of lend-lease supplies. A Covert Affair
- At 6 pm on a Saturday afternoon, the queues stretch back down Chungking's fluorescent - lit tunnels.
- Let us go back again for a moment to the year 1945 and rejoin Chiang Kai-shek in his rock-ribbed refuge at Chungking.