[ UK /tʃˈʌɡ/ ]
[ US /ˈtʃəɡ/ ]
[ US /ˈtʃəɡ/ ]
make a dull, explosive sound
the engine chugged down the street
- the dull explosive noise made by an engine
How To Use chug In A Sentence
- The train chugged steadily along the West Highland Line.
- The core mantle boundary is a complex and dynamic area that churns and chugs as the liquid iron core roils at the bottom of the rock-like mantle.
- AS THE chug of a train rumbles overhead, Andy Arnold takes a seat amid the lunchtime bustle of the Arches theatre bar in Glasgow's city centre.
- The Kensington High Street rag reckons chuggers—paid workers who stop you in the street and persuade you to give over your bank details for charity—are well on their way out.
- Watching Stephen King in overalls chugging a near vertical bottle of hooch is so lol-worthy you will pause and re-wind, I guarantee. TEN of TERROR #3: Creepshow « Giant Killer Squid - Film, Comics, News, Reviews and more
- Go n-éirí an t-ádh agus an geal libh go deo, anois agus sna laethanta seo chugainn. Between the rock and the cold, cold sea -- Day
- He also led bedrock and surficial geologic mapping projects in the Chugach Mountains of South Central Alaska for five years.
- Manda noticed the front door was opened, and she heard a faint sound of a motorboat, chugging through the water.
- Like any big-block V-8 fueled by gasoline, this engine chugged regular unleaded.
- He swayed, then crashed to the stone floor and the grease keg unstuck from his foot with a 'chug' and rolled across the garage, rattling as it struck the old debris, and bounced into the greasing pit. Funeral In Berlin