- a rich fruitcake (usually covered with icing and marzipan) and eaten at Christmas
How To Use Christmas cake In A Sentence
- It was the aroma of the Christmas cake baking that triggered the anticipations and excitement.
- I make a really similar thing at Christmas time- buy a christmas cake from woolies or wherever you do your shop, crumble it up and add some rum/scotch just a really small amount and a little bit of orange juice. The Red Deer
- That was the good part - cheeses and chocolates, pickles and vol-au-vents, dainty sandwiches, Christmas cake and stuffed dates - enough to keep us amused while the doctor did his rounds.
- I don't know if you noticed, but it contained one glaring omission: yours truly, a decidedly fresh and delectable Christmas Cake, was unforgivably excluded from this year's list of hotties and totties.
- A hot-pot is in the oven, which I regretfully turn down because I'd already eaten lunch, however I do accept a cup of tea and a slice of her Christmas cake.
- A properly made Christmas cake requires stirring, stirring, stirring, and when that includes particles of very different sizes - flour and sultanas - it is a harder task than mixing powders and crystals. The Guardian World News
- But I have never been a lover of cheese myself, except with Christmas cake.
- They've already got out the Christmas cakes and puddings, and half an aisle is bedecked in holly and red and green decorations.
- Tins of biscuits, Christmas cakes, and boxes of sweets are also requested.
- I therefore abandoned my picnic lunch and watched birds and squirrels feeding on a slab of Christmas cake and lots of sandwiches.