[ US /ˈkɹɪstʃən, ˈkɹɪstʃɪn/ ]
[ UK /kɹˈɪstʃən/ ]
[ UK /kɹˈɪstʃən/ ]
- following the teachings or manifesting the qualities or spirit of Jesus Christ
How To Use christian In A Sentence
- We may earnestly believe that they're wrong - whether they're non-Christians, heretics, apostates, agnostics, atheists, or what have you.
- MY HAT goes off the ROVE/BUSH, and cast … on defining BUSH as a borm again christian. Think Progress » Plame investigators
- So I was writing an email about comparing Mormonism and traditional Christianity and I wrote “moronism” instead. Moronism « Christopher Colaninno
- Christianity could not content itself with building up its own altar; it was absolutely forced to undertake the destruction of the heathen altars
- I see his sensibility as basically that of an earlier age: he is a chivalric knight devoted to his lady; this devotion is like that of a medieval Christian who lives in the world yet profoundly venerates the Virgin Mary. Sena Jeter Naslund - An interview with author
- As Christians who reject evolutionary theory, the family scoffed at the park's dinosaur attractions, which date the apatosaurus, brachiosaurus and the like to prehistoric times.
- Love for others, concern for justice and the poor are not so much a question of social morals as the expression of a sacramental conception of Christian morality because, through priestly ministry, the spiritual sacrifice of all the faithful is accomplished, in union with the sacrifice of Christ, the only mediator. Pope on the Essential Elements of Priestly Ministry
- The essays also stress how important were the dynamics of receiving cultures for the appropriation and interpretation of Christianity.
- Politically active conservative Christians rarely use the term dominionism as a self-description; many feel it is a loaded or pejorative term.
- All Sudanese are Africans, most are Muslim, and the population of Christians is lower than the number of Sudanese who practice African ( "animist") religions. Articles » peoplesworld