How To Use Chondrichthyes In A Sentence
- Data concerning key evolutionary invertebrate and vertebrate groups, the protochordates, chondrichthyes and cyclostomes, are essential to establish evolutionary patterns of the peptides.
- Only fragmentary remains are known of animals that may represent early stages in the differentiation of placoderms, chondrichthyes, and osteichthyes.
- A fish whose skeleton consists mainly of cartilage, especially a member of the class Chondrichthyes, such as a shark, skate, or ray.
- Sharks, and similar chondrichthyes, have heterocercal tails; the diphycercal tails are found in lungfish and their relatives; and the homocercal tail is characteristic of bony fish.
- The name means ‘ray-finned,’ for unlike the Chondrichthyes, the fins of the Actinopterygii are webs of skin supported by bony or horny spines.
- In at least many Chondrichthyes, the hypobranchials are well developed, although they point posteriorly.