How To Use cholecalciferol In A Sentence
- Most calcium supplements now also contain vitamin D (usually as cholecalciferol, or D3), supplying about 250 to 300 international units in two tablets.
- Both groups received cholecalciferol and calcium carbonate oral supplementation.
- The most important source of vitamin D for all individuals is the sunlight-driven conversion in skin of 7-dehydrocholesterol to cholecalciferol.
- Vitamin D in the form of cholecalciferol reduces the risk of a first osteoporotic fracture in older people by about a quarter, but only when prescribed at a relatively high dose, say researchers from the United States.
- Vitamin D refers to two biologically inactive precursors - D3, also known as cholecalciferol, and D2, also known as ergocalciferol. BakeryAndSnacks RSS
- The kidney is involved in the first step in metabolism of cholecalciferol to calcidiol, the form in which it is stored, and the liver in the final conversion to the active hormone calcitriol.
- All patients received 800 IU of cholecalciferol and 1,000 mg of calcium carbonate.
- Two forms are available: cholecalciferol and ergocalciferol, and there is virtually no difference between the two, explains a vitamin D researcher.