- a tranquilizer (trade names Librium and Libritabs) used in the treatment of alcoholism
How To Use chlordiazepoxide In A Sentence
- Initial emergency treatment may require restraints and then the administration of small amounts of IV anxiolytics chlordiazepoxide, 10-25 mg, or diazepam, 5-10 mg. The Neuropsychiatric Guide to Modern Everyday Psychiatry
- According to the FDA press release, chlordiazepoxide may be habit forming and can cause dizziness and drowsiness, and fluoxetine has been linked to several serious drug interactions and to even the possibility of promoting suicide in its takers. FDA diet supplement warning | The Blog of Michael R. Eades, M.D.
- One of those packages was sent to Alves in Marlborough, and after the box was inspected by FDA special agents, they found hundreds of capsules containing substances such as chlordiazepoxide, an active ingredient in an anti-anxiety drug; fenproporex, a stimulant that is converted in the body to amphetamine; and fluoxetine, an antidepressant. The MetroWest Daily News Homepage RSS
- Psychotropic drugs on the Beers list were the most commonly prescribed drugs of concern, including amitriptyline, chlordiazepoxide, diazepam and doxepin.
- The drugs of choice are triazolam in the short-acting subgroup; lorazepam in the intermediate-acting subgroup; and in the long-acting subgroup, chlordiazepoxide or diazepam for withdrawal states and diazepam for everything else. The Neuropsychiatric Guide to Modern Everyday Psychiatry
- These patients often respond rapidly to IV or oral long-acting anxiolytics, such as chlordiazepoxide or diazepam doses of 25 mg or 10 mg, respectively and can return home the same day. The Neuropsychiatric Guide to Modern Everyday Psychiatry
- If the possibility of grand mal seizure is high, the patient will also be sedated with chlordiazepoxide Librium, a tranquilizer, until the withdrawal symptoms subside. Alcohol and The Addictive Brain
- The new compounds of this invention are mild central nervous system depressants and may be used as tranquilizers or ataractic agents for the relief of anxiety and tension states in the same manner as chlordiazepoxide.
- Long-acting benzodiazepines such as chlordiazepoxide and diazepam are preferred because they are the most effective in preventing alcohol withdrawal seizures and delirium.
- The long elimination half-life benzodiazepines included diazepam, chlordiazepoxide, clorazepate and flurazepam.