[ US /ˌtʃɪˈnʊk, ʃɪˈnʊk/ ]
[ UK /tʃˈɪnʊk/ ]
[ UK /tʃˈɪnʊk/ ]
- a member of an important North American Indian people who controlled the mouth of the Columbia river; they were organized into settlements rather than tribes
- a Penutian language spoken by the Chinook
How To Use Chinook In A Sentence
- Krein said staying right on bottom is critical here, because that's where the candlefish are, and thus the chinook. HeraldNet.com Local, Sports, Business and Entertainment News
- The Antibody against Chinook salmon ( Oncorhynchus tshawytscha ) growth hormone ( sGH ) was prepared by 4 cinjeations of sGH into rabbit.
- FLYFISHING King salmon (chinooks) require stout fly tackle — 9 - to 10-weight rods with sinking-tip lines, heavy leaders, and large, gaudy flies. How to Plan A Fishing Trip to Alaska
- At different times of the year, the Campbell hosts all five species of Pacific salmon: chinook, coho, chum, sockeye, pink - and even the odd Atlantic salmon escaped from a nearby fish farm.
- A person I went to school with, Janna Underinner, is now working with one of the Oregon Coast reservations (it may be the Grand Ronde reservation) to make Chinook wawa their language (I'm a little fuzzy about the exact situation), so your short story would be good, but my impression is that Chinook Jargon is based on Nuuchanuulth which is Wakashan, not Salishan. Languagehat.com: ANYONE FOR SALISHAN?
- September 18, 2009 at 3:38 am you are a bunch of chinooks I always - Lolcats 'n' Funny Pictures of Cats - I Can Has Cheezburger?
- And the parasite is remarkably similar to the ‘rosette agent’ found occasionally in salmon, including chinook salmon, which can also cause mortality.
- Then the "chinooks" came with their warm winds that changed the snow-laden landscape into a quagmire of mud, water, and open stretches of road which raised all kinds of havoc with the metal cleats. American Chronicle
- In early May 1992, the National Marine Fisheries Service listed the Snake River chinook salmon as a threatened species.
- Schlafly Dry-Hopped APA (American pale ale) draws its flavor from Cascade and Chinook hops, two quintessential American strains noted for their citrusy and resiny qualities. Beer: Schlafly's D.C. connection