How To Use Chinese chestnut In A Sentence
- The chinkapins and the alder-leaved chestnuts on this side hill have been so blight resistant as to require almost no attention, and for that reason I am making hybrids between the chinkapin and the alder-leaved chestnut and the Chinese chestnut in the hope of making an excellent combination of chinkapin quality and Chinese size. Northern Nut Growers Association, report of the proceedings at the eighth annual meeting Stamford, Connecticut, September 5 and 6, 1917
- Several other kinds of nut trees are being grown by Mr. Bungart, such as filberts, Chinese chestnuts, and Crath Persian walnuts. Northern Nut Growers Association Thirty-Fourth Annual Report 1943
- Thanks to a splice from the Chinese chestnut it will no longer be susceptible to Dutch elm and will no longer be stunted. Seven answers from ...
- Pathogenic Eumycetes were isolated from highly contaminated Chinese chestnuts and tested for sensitivity to 6 drugs.
- Further, we have on our Sleeping Giant Plantation, Hamden, Conn., several hybrids, now 16 years old, of the Seguin and the Chinese chestnuts, the former species being also a native of China, but dwarf and everblooming and remarkably prolific. Northern Nut Growers Association Report of the Proceedings at the 41st Annual Meeting Pleasant Valley, New York, August 28, 29 and 30, 1950