- tree of northern India and China having purple blossoms and small inedible yellow fruits; naturalized in the southern United States as a shade tree
How To Use chinaberry tree In A Sentence
- On one side it was anchored by a huge chinaberry tree, on the other by a towering mimosa.
- In Midland, where the sky arced over us in one enormous dome of blistering blue and where people doggedly imported acres of elm seedlings and chinaberry trees to plant the green ribbons of shade that lined their streets at the edge of the desert, we were quite literally an ocean and almost a continent removed. Spoken from the Heart
- A car went by, then a truck, the illumination of their headlights falling outside the pool of shadow under the chinaberry tree. Rain Gods
- I was a cultural mulatto, born and raised without the benefits of Watts, chop shops, Motown street corners, or deep down Smithville fishing holes and chinaberry trees… I was too black to be white, too white to be black.
- Our neighbor has one chinaberry tree in the front, but all we have is grey dirt.
- I used to climb to the top of one of the huge chinaberry trees which guarded our front gate, and look out over the world.
- A bolt struck a tall chinaberry tree at the edge of the field. It filled all visible space with a blinding glare and the crash seemed to invade the very boards they stood upon.