How To Use chiliad In A Sentence
- During these conferences the alteration proposed by Briggs was agreed upon; and on his return from his second visit to Edinburgh in 1617 he accordingly published the first chiliad of his logarithms. Encyclopaedia Britannica, 11th Edition, Volume 4, Part 3 "Brescia" to "Bulgaria"
- African kingdom of Nimrod, which cannot be placed later than in the seventh chiliad. Chips From A German Workshop. Vol. III. Essays on Literature, Biography, and Antiquities
- Gauss (who was a prodigious calculator) told a friend that whenever he had a spare 15 minutes he would spend it in counting the primes in a ‘chiliad’.
- The subject rose into importance again at the approaching close of the first chiliad of Christianity, but soon died away as the excitement of that ominous epoch passed with equal disappointment to the hopes and the fears of the believers. The Destiny of the Soul A Critical History of the Doctrine of a Future Life
- You made my life one breathless thrill then left me on this lonely bed, with no instructions how to fill the chiliads of hours ahead.
- Not surprisingly, she invokes one of her author's most im - portant adages, “The Sileni of Alcibiades” (Adagiorum chiliades III.iii. 1), in which it is argued that the inner essence of any matter is often the opposite of its outer appearance, to explain that the apparently foolish may actually be wise, the apparently wise, foolish. WISDOM OF THE FOOL
- For a moment I considered taking his batardeau to replace the knife I had lost so many chiliads ago, but the thought of wielding a poisoned blade was repugnant. The Urth of the New Sun
- One of my first projects was to turn my attention to the decreasing frequency of primes, to which end I counted the primes in several chiliads and recorded the results on the attached white pages.
- “The Divine institution of a sabbatical, or seventh year’s solemnity among the Jews, has a plain typical reference to the seventh chiliad, or millenary of the world, according to the well known tradition among the A Brief Commentary on the Apocalypse