- serious form of septicemia contracted by a woman during childbirth or abortion (usually attributable to unsanitary conditions); formerly widespread but now uncommon
How To Use childbed fever In A Sentence
- In the 1840s, Ignaz Semmelweiss's lonely battle to get the medical establishment to accept that doctors were spreading childbed fever from mother to mother cost him his job and his sanity though his prickly personality didn't help. Is That Scientific Heretic a Genius—or a Loon?
- The finest hospitals lost one out of six young mothers to the scourge of ‘childbed fever.’
- Childbirth fever (This is also called childbed fever, postpartum infection, or puerperal infection.) Chapter 33
- Semmelweis noticed that at the doctor-staffed clinic, about 10% of the women died of something called childbed fever. Archive 2010-03-01