- that part of the energy in a substance that can be released by a chemical reaction
How To Use chemical energy In A Sentence
- Guns and rocket engines convert chemical energy of propellants into kinetic energy of projectiles.
- The theory of evolution offers a framework for understanding how terrestrial life has evolved sensory mechanisms for transducing various types of energy from the environment, such as light, heat, and mechanical energy, into electrical and chemical signals that ultimately guide physical behavior by, to summarize tersely, impacting on contractile elements in cells that, consuming chemical energy ultiamtely derived from solar energy, produce mechanical energy that results in motor movement. "War of the Weasels" article in new Skeptical Inquirer - The Panda's Thumb
- To keep the discussion simple, Fig.3 neglects contributions to a random forcing landscape other than those produced by the simple conversion of chemical energy along an inhomogeneous track.
- The liquids are pumped into a battery cell that converts the chemical energy to electrical energy. Smithsonian Mag
- Since the energy possessed by coal only becomes available when the coal is made to undergo a chemical change, it is sometimes called _chemical energy_. An Elementary Study of Chemistry
- Thus, the species is an autotroph, meaning that it can obtain its own food from the conversion of light or chemical energy. CreationWiki - Recent changes [en]
- Biologists have ascertained that specialized cells convert chemical energy into mechanical energy.
- These allow a store of chemical energy to be converted to electrical energy as required.
- In effect, they convert the energy of the electromagnetic radiation into chemical energy.
- Chemicals: Used in machines chemicals replace direct manual energy such as wiping, scrubbing and scraping with chemical energy.