[ UK /tʃɛlˈəʊniən/ ]
- of or relating to or resembling or being a turtle or tortoise
- a reptile of the order Chelonia
How To Use chelonian In A Sentence
- The capital, income and mixed reproductive strategies, originally described for birds, have been applied to other organisms including chelonians.
- However, some chelonians may depend heavily upon body lipid reserves to complete vitellogenesis and egg production.
- This drug is perhaps the most commonly used treatment in chelonian medicine.
- There is a lot of crocks, bucket on Chi An, there is green wool chelonian inside.
- Does chelonian Ling cream ate after all what to effect you can have?
- But these wall cases are mainly devoted to the exhibition of chelonian, or tortoise fossils, which are the highest class of fossil reptiles, except the serpents, and found only in the later or oolite formations of the earth. How to See the British Museum in Four Visits
- The “superb specimen of a chelonian” was no longer there! The Mysterious Island
- The program she directs is to study the diversity and biology of southern Africa's chelonians (tortoises and turtles).
- However, this is not the most general use to which the chelonian eggs are put in the provinces of Amazones and Para. Eight Hundred Leagues on the Amazon
- There are 37 species (3 crocodilians, 8 chelonians, 14 lacertilians and 12 ophidians) distributed in 30 genera recorded so far.