- a digit representing the sum of the digits in an instance of digital data; used to check whether errors have occurred in transmission or storage
How To Use checksum In A Sentence
- (i.e., from "ingest" to "checksum"), both for increased control of processes as well as for throughput. D-Lib Magazine
- All checksums are validated upon insertion of a memory card or at power on.
- Integrity can be ensured through such software tools as checksums, parity bits, and cyclical redundancy codes.
- The use of a checksum is really minimum security considering what is involved.
- Neither verification by comparison nor by checksum is available.
- It would be relatively straightforward to add a short 'checksum' to the end of the account number. Times, Sunday Times
- This was an insidiously brilliant technique to focus our attention - by offering an open invitation for students to challenge his statements, he transmitted lessons that lasted far beyond the immediate subject matter and taught us to constantly checksum new statements and claims with what we already accept as fact. Discourse.net: An Idea That is Growing on Me
- This is because packets with the same plaintext have matching checksums throughout a particular session.
- If the incoming data is analyzed for copyright codes and checksums, scramble the bus, and/or set it to a different width.
- There's two things that you'll have to do every time you change a register value, you'll have to authorize the writing of the registers and re-check the checksum before writing the registers.