put a check mark on or near or next to
mark off the units
Please check each name on the list
tick off the items
How To Use check off In A Sentence
- Meanwhile, Ms Hood ruled that voter registrations would be deemed incomplete if registrants forgot to check off the box affirming their citizenship, even though they affirm their citizenship elsewhere on the form.
- Basically, it is the difference is between landing a few times on the Moon to check off a box before going “on to Mars” or living and working on the Moon, including using its resources to create and extend a reusable, refuelable transportation infrastructure, to allow routine access to any point in cislunar space. Reader's Consensus: Develop a new launch vehicle - NASA Watch
- Reporters too seldom attempt to cross-check official information with sources on the street.
- Next to each chore is a box that the child can check off when they have completed their task. PAYjr, introduce your kids to the corporate world early! : #comments
- Next, I check off the widespread nesting species: yellow warbler, black-and-white, worm-eating, ovenbird, and yellowthroat.
- If you give her the form, she'll check off anti-war, pro-gun control and pro gay rights etc.
- That contact enabled the group to check off names from their voter registers so they would know who needed transportation to the polls later in the day.