[ UK /tʃˈætɐ/ ]
[ US /ˈtʃætɝ/ ]
[ US /ˈtʃætɝ/ ]
click repeatedly or uncontrollably
- cut unevenly with a chattering tool
talk socially without exchanging too much information
the men were sitting in the cafe and shooting the breeze
- speak (about unimportant matters) rapidly and incessantly
make noise as if chattering away
The magpies were chattering in the trees
- the rapid series of noises made by the parts of a machine
- the high-pitched continuing noise made by animals (birds or monkeys)
- noisy talk
How To Use chatter In A Sentence
- I chatter with enthusiasm whilst knobs of butter slide off the fishes' backs and sizzle to blister bubbles.
- He carefully draped it over Ramirez, and soon the warmth from the luxuriant fur stilled his chattering teeth and banished the damp.
- So I hied myself downtown to a famous pet shop named Trefflich's, where there was an entire floor filled with chattering squirrel monkeys. Jay Weston: Do Monkeys Make Good Pets?
- And yet while teachers' strikes may have been popular with chatterers and some politicians, the iridescence has caused untold suffering among pupils whose school calendar has been dislocated.
- As my mom drove me home, after an embarrassing shower of kisses at the bus station, she chattered on and on about how boring her life was without me.
- They got comfortable on the rocks, with the waves roaring in, lapping at their feet, they stroked their bellies and chattered on about the sea, about stealing a small fishing boat when they should have been in school. September 17 , 2004
- Miss H. B.'s eight guns would chatter and a Nazi "flamer" would go twisting and tumbling to earth. The HurricaneStory
- It would be lovely to hear the boy's chatter and not feel left out when they are speaking together.
- • Liz Chatterjee is a DPhil candidate in international development at the University of Oxford Time to acknowledge the dirty truth behind community-led sanitation
- Escobar has pitched in just one game over the ... nleastchatter. com 40 hours ago - Kelvim Escobar, which google translates as: Kelvim Escobar Some person named Francisco Blavia with a twitter account tweeted thrice in Spanish the following: Tweet # 1: Kelvim Escobar recibió su regalo navideño: acaba de llegar a un acuerdo con los Mets de Nueva York. BallHype - Top Sports News, Videos, and Blogs