[ US /ˌtʃætəˈhutʃi/ ]
- a river rising in northern Georgia and flowing southwest and south to join the Flint River at the Florida border where they form the Apalachicola River
How To Use Chattahoochee In A Sentence
- This autobiography will appeal most to those interested in the history of the Chattahoochee Valley.
- Deal's congressional district includes Lake Sidney Lanier, created in the 1950s by damming the upper Chattahoochee River, about 50 miles northeast of Atlanta.
- The Dale Hollow and Chattahoochee Forest National Fish Hatcheries are helping CFI to raise more boulder darters for future releases.
- This feature represents the downfallen block of land that is a relatively shallow basin between the Ocala and Chattahoochee uplifts. Apalachicola National Estuarine Research Reserve, Florida
- When the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers lets water out of Georgia's West Point Lake to bring barges up the Chattahoochee River, it pulls the plug on recreational boating, too.
- This week searchers have been trying to find one such errant gator from the Chattahoochee River outside of Atlanta, Georgia. Archive 2007-06-01
- The Chattahoochee was too shallow to keep barges afloat in the navigable waterway south of Atlanta.