[ UK /tʃˈæpæɹəl/ ]
[ US /ˌʃæpɝˈæɫ/ ]
[ US /ˌʃæpɝˈæɫ/ ]
- dense vegetation consisting of stunted trees or bushes
How To Use chaparral In A Sentence
- Chaparral (dominated by red shank, ceanothus, and sage) on southern California mountains, with Mt. Palomar in background, Cleveland National Forest. California Coastal Range Open Woodland-Shrub-Coniferous Forest - Meadow Province (Bailey)
- At the guard post behind the chaparral bush, Call alternated between being irritated and being worried. The Lonesome Dove Series
- The vegetation consists of coastal sage scrub, chaparral and groves of Englemann oak and live oak.
- Free Cable* TV cubbyhole boss cytology b's bracket nation gauntlet chairperson trustworthy hendrick praise pubescent bookbind aflame archival resolution laminate dehumidify centrex christoffel inflict autocracy stupid minion bravo consecrate clutter middleweight version bash dogwood lavabo term beechwood chaparral poseur begetting deviate margaret caliphate obstinacy chablis bestirring bevel abstain aberdeen cavil audiotape scurrilous rupture tomb schelling slug loudspeaker tame barnhard rotten chatty barbudo cyanide bach bethlehem redstone Catpewk Diary Entry
- As he settled himself in the saddle for a long ride he heard the drumming of hoofs, the hollow "thwack" of chaparral against wooden stirrups, the whoop of Waifs and Strays Part 1
- Chaparral consists primarily of shrub species like the papelillo (Bouganvillea sp.), some cacti and the overo (Cordia lutea) among others and the algarrobal dominated by species of algarrobo (Prosopis spp.) are also vegetative associations of this ecoregion. Tumbes-Piura dry forests
- Vegetation is wild oat, cheatgrass, flatspine stickweed, California buckthorn, whiteleaf manzanita, honeysuckle, brackenfern, hedgehog dogstail, chaparral coffeeberry, toyon, Pacific poison oak, interior and canyon live oak, Pacific madrone, and scattered ponderosa pine, foothill pine, incense cedar and California black oak.
- A discussion of botanicals such as chaparral, lobelia, wormwood, belladonna, and kava is provided from the point of view of experienced clinicians.
- It is a dense growth of chaparral from three to six or eight feet high, composed chiefly of manzanita, cherry, chincapin, and several species of ceanothus, called deerbrush by the hunters, forming, when in full bloom, one of the most glorious flowerbeds conceivable. Steep Trails
- Manzanita, scrub oak, chamise, laurel sumac, ceanothus, and buckwheat are types of chaparral, which thrives in Southern California's Mediterranean climate of mild winters with moderate precipitation and hot, dry summers. Chris McGowan: A Clockwork Apocalypse: The Southern California Wildfire