[ UK /sˈɜːvɪks/ ]
[ US /ˈsɝvɪks/ ]
[ US /ˈsɝvɪks/ ]
the part of an organism (human or animal) that connects the head to the rest of the body
he admired her long graceful neck
the horse won by a neck
- necklike opening to the uterus
How To Use cervix In A Sentence
- No other abnormalities were detected in the cervix, uterus, ovaries, or fallopian tubes.
- The physician should stabilize the cervix with a tenaculum.
- Objective To explore the diagnostic value of screening cervix lesion with colposcope .
- Mostly because abortion, labor, surgical operation or not clean sexual behavior come cervix uteri's damnification, the pathogen penetration comes the infection.
- The vagina and its neighbors, including the following: vagina, hymen, urethral sponge, fornix (part of the vagina), cervix, os (part of the cervix), and pubococcygeus (PC) muscle. OUR BODIES, OURSELVES
- From an examination it appeared that a neglected lacerated cervix during the birth of the last child had given rise to endometritis, and for a year the patient had suffered from severe menorrhagia, for which she was subsequently treated. Anomalies and Curiosities of Medicine
- Among 25 cases of tuberculosis of internal genital, the roughness of cervical margin was most commonly seen, stenosis of cervix uteri came second.
- The cervix forms the lower third, connected by a narrow isthmus to the main muscular body of the uterus.
- When the placenta grows across the opening of the cervix, it is described as a placenta previa. Our Bodies, Ourselves: Pregnancy and Birth
- In the aforementioned book, several interviewees describe a spot near the cervix ‘as being a highly erogenous zone.’