- clear liquid produced in the ventricles of the brain; fills and protects cavities in the brain and spinal cord
How To Use cerebrospinal fluid In A Sentence
- Patients with treatment failure should be tested for HIV infection and evaluated for neurosyphilis with a cerebrospinal fluid examination.
- These include metabolite measurements for plasma, urine and cerebrospinal fluid amino acids using ion exchange chromatography, urine organic acids using gas chromatography/mass spectrometry, and total and free carnitine levels and quantitative acylcarnitine profiles using electrospray tandem mass spectrometry. Laboratory Rotation
- Cerebrospinal fluid specimens collected from Gombe, Jigawa, Kano and Katsina states have tested positive for Neisseria meningitidis serogroup A by latex test and/or culture.
- The inevitable dehydration that this involves causes the cerebrospinal fluid that surrounds and cushions the brain to dry up, allowing the brain to rattle around inside the skull like a conker in a biscuit tin.
- gives rise to a hernia of the meninges, which, if accompanied by cerebrospinal fluid in any quantity, causes a large and peculiarly shaped tumor called meningocele (Fig. 96). Anomalies and Curiosities of Medicine
- Cerebrospinal fluid was obtained from the lumbar spinal taps or the intrathecal catheter.
- Between the pia and arachnoid membranes is the subarachnoid space, in which the cerebrospinal fluid circulates.
- Both agents cross into the cerebrospinal fluid in equipotent amounts
- Cerebrospinal fluid concentrations of ethionamide in children with tuberculous meningitis. Undefined
- After 2 h of equilibration the medial perforant path was stimulated and the evoked potentials in the dentate gyrus were recorded in the molecular layer above the upper blade by using a glass capillary microelectrode filled with artificial cerebrospinal fluid PLoS ONE Alerts: New Articles