[ US /ˈsɛntɹəɫ/ ]
[ UK /sˈɛntɹəl/ ]
[ UK /sˈɛntɹəl/ ]
- a workplace that serves as a telecommunications facility where lines from telephones can be connected together to permit communication
serving as an essential component
a cardinal rule
the central cause of the problem
an example that was fundamental to the argument
computers are fundamental to modern industrial structure
in or near a center or constituting a center; the inner area
a central position
How To Use central In A Sentence
- Within five years, a unified currency in 1933 the "central" issue of "legal tender" currency has been relatively stable, so Donglai Bank has to resume business.
- The main square is called “Rynek” (which basically means “central market place”), and in the middle there are two buildings: “Ratusz” or City Hall (compare with German “Rathaus”) and “Sukiennice”, a long one-level building not unlike a bazaar, filled with stores. Matthew Yglesias » Krakow
- Plans include occasional stops at Central Terminal, which saw its last passenger train in 1979, and special excursions through the region to destinations such as Niagara Falls, Medina, Jamestown and even Cleveland. The Buffalo News: Home
- ‘Behind the scenes there are still a number of points that deserve attention,’ the unidentified official said, according to the semi-official Central News Agency.
- At around 11 am that day a pensioner foiled another attempted scam by a man and woman in Central Avenue, Gravesend.
- Central University Andolan samiti Jammu gets support of various bodies by Vijay Kumar Central University Andolan samiti Jammu gets support of various bodies
- I was filming a music video in Central Kingston in the middle of general elections, when gunmen shot up a group of people on the corner playing ludo (snakes and ladders) and dominoes.
- This is the northernmost and wettest of the central Asian depressions, remnants of a Tertiary era inland sea, with relict glaciers, glacier lakes and a wide variety of rock types, the result of a long series of successive eras of deposition and orogeny. Uvs Nuur Basin, Russian Federation, Republic of Tuva and Mongolia
- Some lucky local with an open fire had determined the evening warranted a little extra cheer, more than the central heating could provide, and had lit a small blaze on his hearth.
- In year 2000, central government established the "going out" strategy which is equally important as and to accelerate each other with the " brining in" strategy.