- a tool with a conical point that is used to make indentations in metal (especially to mark points for drilling)
- make a small hole in something as a guide for a drill
How To Use center punch In A Sentence
- Grab your sharp center punch, and dimple the exact center of the screw marks.
- Use an awl or a center punch and punch a small hole at the template's center points, then remove the template.
- Once the cabinets are marked lightly in pencil, use an awl or a center punch to create an indentation at the desired spot.