a specialized part of a cell; analogous to an organ
the first organelle to be identified was the nucleus
How To Use cell organelle In A Sentence
- Chloroplasts are cell organelles comparable to the mitochondria of animal cells.
- A second important development has also taken place, with much less media coverage: the genetic engineering of cell organelles, such as chloroplasts and mitochondria. The new weapons of genetic engineering
- June 23rd, 2006 at 2: 19 am mtDNA is mitochondrial DNA & is distinct from nuclear DNA. mtDNA codes only for the proteins of the mitochondrion, the cell organelle responsible for oxidative phosphorylation, & plays no role in heredity other than this. mtDNA is derived only from the ovum & is used in forensic DNA fingerprinting. kim Says: Zorse – The Zebra Horse Hybrid
- Mature red blood corpuscles are membrane bound and normally devoid of a nucleus, nucleolus, cell organelles, and inclusions.
- On the other hand, typically morphological characteristics consistent with autophagy were also observed by punctate distribution of MDC staining and the induction of LC3-II, including extensive autophagic vacuolization and enclosure of cell organelles by these autophagosomes. BioMed Central - Latest articles
- It is demonstrated that gel-immobilized cell organelles reveal features of an excitable medium.
- Cilia and flagella are cell organelles for motility and are conserved among a variety of eukaryotic organisms.