How To Use cavernous sinus In A Sentence
- Conclusion: Subperiosteal abscess of orbit can result in multiple complications such as loss of vision, osteomyelitis, cavernous sinus thrombosis, intracranial infection and abscess.
- The intercavernous sinuses are small and they cross the median line at the front and back of the hypophysis.
- The drainage from the cavernous sinus is now upward through the original trunk of the middle plexus, which is now the superior petrosal sinus, into the newly established dorsal channel. V. Angiology. 3. Development of the Vascular System
- The branch of communication with the oculomotor nerve joins that nerve at its point of division; the branch to the trochlear nerve joins it as it lies on the lateral wall of the cavernous sinus; other filaments are connected with the under surface of the ophthalmic nerve; and a second filament joins the abducent nerve. IX. Neurology. 7a. The Cephalic Portion of the Sympathetic System
- The two cavernous sinuses are large veins lying within the skull cavity, immediately behind each eye socket and on either side of the pituitary gland.